Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Financial help

A picture of £10 notes

It is very difficult to find new sponsorship or other financial help once you are in the UK, but if you are having problems it is important that you seek advice and help from International Student Support as soon as possible.

The help and advice you can get will very much depend on:

  • The cause of your financial problem
  • How much money you need
  • How near you are to the end of your course

Small financial problems

If you experience a small financial problem, then there may be a number of ways that the problem can be addressed.

Large financial problems 

These are more difficult to address, but there are a number of options you could consider if you experience a large financial problem

Disabled students' fund

If you are ill, have a disability or specific learning difficulty, then you may be able to get help from the International Disabled Students' Fund

Tuition fee waiver for asylum seekers

Cardiff University currently offers a tuition fee waiver for undergraduate asylum seekers (whose cases haven’t yet been decided) who apply for admission to the University. Further information can be found here.