Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


De-registration due to fee debt or academic issues

De-registration from your studies at the university will have serious implications for your immigration status.

The University is required by law to report to the Home Office if it stops sponsoring you under Tier 4 of the Points Based System. This will be the case if you are de-registered from your studies. 

If you are reported to the Home Office you will be advised by the University to leave the UK. 

If you are having any financial or academic problems you should discuss these with the relevant member of University staff as soon as possible. There may be action that can be taken to avoid this very serious situation.

If you are unsure who you should talk to then please arrange an appointment with an International Student Adviser in the first instance. 


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information herein, Cardiff University can accept no responsibility for errors or omissions.

Cardiff University is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within.

The government makes changes to the immigration rules and procedures on a regular basis, so it is important that you check the current guidance and rules. For further information visit UKCISA and the Home Office websites.