Dr Amanda Robinson appointed to the Welsh Government's Group for Domestic Abuse (Wales) Bill
30 April 2012
Dr Amanda Robinson
Amanda Robinson has been appointed to the Welsh Assembly Government's Task and Finish Group for the forthcoming Domestic Abuse (Wales) Bill. The role of the group is to:
- Use their knowledge and expertise to support the Policy Lead in the development of the policy content of the Bill, including delivery and enforcement mechanisms;
- Use their networks to consult as widely as possible on policy content of the Bill;
- Provide and inform the commissioning (if appropriate) of a sound rationale and evidence base for any recommendations;
- Prioritise the issues to be addressed by the Bill.
The group was appointed in March 2012 and will serve until September 2013.
Amanda has been successful in obtaining a placement within WAG, funded by the Strategic Insight Programme, to support and extend her participation in the Task and Finish Group. The purpose of the placement is to:
- To view the process of creating a White Paper from WAG perspective
- To participate in the evaluation of existing research
- To scope other possible assistance the School could provide
The SIP provides academic staff with an opportunity to spend time outside the higher education environment to develop new links with organisations to share knowledge and identify future collaborative activity (see http://www.siprogramme.org.uk/). They are funded, short-term placements in an organisation within the public, private, or not-for-profit sector. Amanda’s application is the first SIP placement from Cardiff University.