Ms Danielle Rayner
Address:1-3 Museum Place
- 2009- current: PhD ESRC 1+3 Studentship
- 2009: MSc Social Science Research Methods, Cardiff University.
- 2008: MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice, Cardiff University, (Distinction)
- 2006: BSc International Politics and Intelligence Studies, University of Wales, Aberystwyth (2:1)
- SI0202 - Responses to Crime, 2009-2010 and 2010-2011
- Informal social control
- Qualitative methods
- Social order
- Social capital
- Community studies
- Social justice
PhD Topic / Area
Informal Social Control in the Context of De-industrialisation and Disinvestment
This PhD is examining the operation of informal social control mechanisms in an area of Merthyr Tydfil using qualitative interviewing and participant observation. The study focuses on the impacts of structural change on the internal dynamics of a community and the relationship between structural and agentic factors in the production of informal social control.