Miss Sara Jane Knight
Address:1-3 Museum Place
- BSc Psychology (Hons) UWIC: 2003-2006
- PGCE, Cardiff: 2007-2008
- MSc Social Science Research Methods: Cardiff 2009-2010
- PhD (Presidents Research Scholarship): 2010-present
September 2010 to June 2011
Introduction to Cognitive and Biological Psychology: PS1107.
- Post compulsory education policy in Wales.
- Baccalaureate style qualifications versus specialised A levels.
- Academic/ vocational divide.
PhD Topic / Area
Proposed PhD title: A curriculum for all: An analysis of the implementation of the Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification (WBQ).
The proposed study aims to explore the variations in how the WBQ is being embedded in FE colleges and sixth forms throughout Wales and whether it has achieved its aim to provide a diverse and inclusive package that supports the individual student. The research focuses on the institutions impact on the effectiveness and delivery of the WBQ to provide a more extensive evaluative picture.
This research consolidates and expands on previous research conducted as part of my MSc which focused on students perceptions of the WBQ.