Mrs Aleksandra Kaczmarek-Day
Address:1-3 Museum Place
- 2008-present: 1+3 ESRC funded PhD in Education at Cardiff University
- 2007 M.Sc. in Education, Cardiff University
- 1990 Master of Polish Philology (M.A.), Higher School of Pedagogy, Czestochowa, Poland
- 2007-2010 Learn Tutor (Polish Language), Cardiff Centre of Lifelong Learning, Cardiff University
- Family and children migration
- Transnational childhoods
- Intercultural education
- Children-centred research methods
PhD Topic / Area
Thesis Title: Polish children’s negotiations of their identity and belonging in Wales.
My ethnographic study explores Polish children’s social worlds and experiences of migration, adaptation and integration into Welsh society. I focus on how middle-childhood children (aged 8-12) are negotiating their identities in school, home and neighbourhood, within a South Wales urban multicultural context. The study uses participatory methodologies to engage children in data production and allow their voices to speak throughout the research.