Prof Harry Collins
Other appointments and positions:
- 2003 Jan-Mar Andrew W Mellon Visiting Professor of History, California Institute of Technology
- 2002 Apr/May Visiting Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin
- 2001 Oct/Nov Visiting Research Fellow, Cornell University Dept of Science and Technology Studies
- 1999- Affiliated Research Scholar, Dept of History and Philosophy of Science, Cambridge University
- 1993 Mar-Jun Visiting Professor, University of California at San Diego
- 1991-1993 President, Society for Social Studies of Science Short visiting positions at Xerox PARC (1987) and Princeton University History of Science (1983)
Awards and Prizes
- 1997 Society for Social Studies of Science, J. D. Bernal award for contributions to the social studies of science (awarded at the Tucson meeting in October 1997).
- 1995 American Sociological Association, Robert K Merton Book Prize ( The Golem ).
- 1994/5 Emory and Henry College Virginia, USA. Book of the year ( The Golem ).
- 1985 British Computer Society Specialist Group in Expert Systems, Prize for technical merit: best paper at conference.
- The nature of knowledge;
- The nature of expertise;
- Medical knowledge and practice;
- Public understanding of science;
- Artificial Intelligence;
- Humans and machines.