Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu
Dr Dolores Davey
- •May 2007- 2008 ESRC funded project Decision Making in Child Welfare.
- •April 2004-November 2004, Outcomes for Children De-registered from the Child Protection Register (funded by Joint Child Protection Committees, Welsh Assembly Government).
- •April 2003-November 2003, Exploratory Study of Children on the Child Protection Register (funded by Joint Child Protection Committee, Welsh Assembly Government).
- •2001-2002, Key Factors that Influence the Educational Experience and Achievement of Children Looked After (funded by Wales Office of Research and Development, Welsh Assembly Government).
- •1996-1999, Newport Family Centre. A Case Study Evaluation (funded by NCH Action for Children, Wales.
- Protecting Black & Minority Ethnic Children: An Investigation of Child Protection Interventions (funded by NISCHR)
- This study looks at the number of children BAWSO* have worked with who have been on the Child Protection Register with the aim of exploring patterns of registration, de-registration and ongoing social work support. There is some evidence that BME communities may be subject to inappropriate and inadequate intervention in the child protection arena. Practitioners may find that there are barriers affecting their ability to determine the appropriate intervention in a case related to their understanding and interpretation of cultural practices. These complex issues are explored through interviews with professionals and families.
- * Black Association of Women Step Out (BAWSO) provides services to Black and Minority Ethnic women and children who have experienced domestic violence.