Prof Helen Nicholson
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 74250
Fax:+44 (0)29 208 74929
Location:John Percival Building, Room 5.45
- The Military Orders: the Knights Templar, the Knights Hospitaller, and the Teutonic Knights;
- The Trial of the Templars in the British Isles;
- The Templars’ English estates, 1308-1311;
- The Hospitallers in the British Isles in the fourteenth century;
- The Crusades in the Middle Ages;
- Women in the crusades and in religious orders in the middle ages;
- The use of medieval ‘fictional’ literature as historical evidence.
The Trial of the Templars in the British Isles.
The Knights Templars’ English estates, 1308-1311.
The Hospitallers in the British Isles in the Fourteenth Century.
I contribute to teaching the following Part One double module course:
- Medieval Europe - 20 credits (HS1101)
- Medieval Women (HS1472)
- The Military Orders - 30 credits (HS1805)
Impact and Engagement
Research blog on the Knights Templar estates http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/knightstemplarsestates/author/shahjn/
The podcast accompanying her article ‘The Templars on Trial: A very muted inquisition’, in BBC History Magazine, 10.6 (June 2009), pp. 26-31, can be downloaded from the BBC History Magazine podcast archive at: http://www.bbchistorymagazine.com/podcast-page for June 2009, part 1.
I regularly give talks to general interest groups on the Knights Templar, the Knights Hospitaller, and the Crusades. See also