Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Change of Programme

Change of programme

This page explains how you would go about changing your programme.  You have been admitted to study a specific programme.  However, you may change to an alternative programme if the School(s) responsible for the programme you wish to leave and the programme you wish to pursue agree.

When you can change your programme

A change of programme that includes changing modules can only be made within the first three weeks of each semester.

How to request a programme of study transfer

You must discuss your request with all the schools involved.  If the change involves a Joint Honours programme, both Schools involved in the teaching of the programme must be consulted and in agreement.

Once you have discussed the change with the relevant schools, you should request the change through SIMS.  This will then need to be approved by the schools involved.  

Financial implications of changing your programme

If you are sponsored, any change of the programme may have implications for your finances.  The University will also write to the sponsor notifying them of your programme change.

You are advised to discuss the implication of your transfer with Student Support and your sponsor before the transfer in finalised.

Contact Information

If you require further guidance on changing programmes then you can contact student records using the following details:

Student Records Team: Ask Cardiff

Tel: +44 (0)2920 876211
Post: Student Records, Cardiff University, McKenzie House, 30-36 Newport Road, CF24 0DE