Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Alternative Examination Arrangements

You can apply to have "alternative arrangements" during your exams for the following:

Support in Examinations for dyslexic and disabled students

You will need to contact the Disability and Dyslexia Service who will advise on how to request support. Support cannot be provided if you do not contact the above service and complete the application process.


Examinations through the medium of Welsh and Religious Observance Days

If you wish to sit your exams through the medium of Welsh  or expect you will be unable to sit exam on religious grounds on certain days then you will need to notify us. Requests have to be made by week 5 of each semester by logging onto Ask Cardiff including your:  

  • Name
  • Student number
  • Reason for the request

Every effort will be made to accommodate your request.  


Examinations Undertaken Outside Cardiff University

If you are unable to return to Cardiff to sit your resit exams during the Resit Period (15 - 26 August 2016) you may apply to sit your exams at another location. 

You should apply to your School before you receive your results if you think that it would be impossible for you to return to Cardiff to during the Resit Period in August. You must submit your Request Form to your School by Friday 6 May 2016.

In exceptional circumstances you may be able to sit exams outside Cardiff during other exam periods. You must submit a separate Request Form for each exam session where you wish to sit at another location and the Forms must be submitted 5 weeks before each exam period starts.

Please read the Information Leaflet & Request Form carefully before completing and submitting your form to your School. 

You will be required to pay an administrative fee of £350 to Cardiff University for each exam session (cancellation fees also apply). You will also be liable for fees charged by the external venue, for example, the British Council Office. Please be aware that these fees may need to be paid before your first exam. A list of previously used venues and fees charged, can be found here.

If we are unable to make the arrangements then you must return to Cardiff to sit your exams.

If you have any questions about sitting examinations outside Cardiff and Cardiff University, please log onto Ask Cardiff

Links & Resources
  • Disability and Dyslexia Service
Ask Cardiff