Information for Researchers
Please read our information leaflet on assistance provided by PURCH during the grant application stage.
Our website contains information that may benefit researchers with University funds to spend. This page contains links to pages or areas of the website that you may find useful. Much of the information is held in a secure area of the website, so please enter your usual network username and password when prompted.
- Advice for Travellers - please read this if you have funding for travel/conferences
- Advice on Purchasing Procedures - use this information to ensure that you comply with the University's Financial Procedures in the expenditure of your research grant. In particular please be aware the advice on obtaining quotations and tenders.
- Equipment Guidance - points to take into consideration and detailed advice on purchasing a wide range of equipment
- Customs and Excise/VAT advice - don't pay VAT unnecessarily
- Buyers' Guide - check for special terms with preferred or approved suppliers
This is just a quick guide of areas that may be of interest to researchers. You can also look at other areas of the Purchasing Section website from the left-hand menus. Please contact us if you require any support or advice.