Dr Mark Gumbleton - BPharm MSc PhD MRPharmS
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 75449
Graduated B.Pharm (1982) and Ph.D (1988) Biochemical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics (University of Wales). Professional Registration RPSGB (1983) and Clinical Pharmacology specialisation (M.Sc) School of Medicine University of Aberdeen (1985).
Postdoctoral fellowship and Research Specialist appointments in Biopharmaceutics (University of California, San Francisco 1998-1992).
Hypothesis-driven science surrounding issues at the interface between the nature of biological barriers and optimising the delivery of experimental therapeutics.
Biological barriers of interest are lung epithelium, the blood-brain-barrier and intestinal barriers. The nature of the experimental therapeutic ranges from low molecular weight organics to products of biotechnology and polymer-based systems. Disease areas of interest include cancer, immunity and inflammation.
Member of the School's Drug Delivery & Microbiology Research Discipline
Current Teaching Profile:
Contribute to all years of the M.Pharm
- PH1109 - Immunology elements
- PH2204 - Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Clinical Immunology
- PH3104 - Blood-Brain Barrier
- PH3107 - Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic elements
- PH4105 - Problem solving in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- PH4112 - Pharmacy Advanced Research Specialisation