Dr Julia M.W. Gee - PhD
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 75226
- BSc. (Hons) Physiological Sciences, University of Newcastle, 1985
- PhD in Cancer Biology, University of Wales, 1991
- Anti‑hormone-induced signalling in ER + breast cancer.
- Mechanisms of anti‑hormone and anti-growth factor resistant breast cancer growth and progression.
- Novel target discovery and evaluation of new therapies using breast cancer cells in vitro.
- (Signal transduction and biomarker studies in clinical cancer.
Member of the School's Pharmacology & Physiology Research Discipline
PH3101 Optimisation of Drug Design (lecture on targeted cancer therapeutics [e.g. anti‑hormones].
Supervision of PHRMY undergraduate final year projects.
I currently supervise/co-supervise 1 PhD student in the School.
Links to other relevant websitesBreast Cancer (Molecular Pharmacology) Group
Funding bodies which support our work
CRUK Cardiff Centre Development Fund & ECMC Cardiff