The Welsh School of Pharmacy is one of twenty six UK schools of pharmacy and the only one in Wales. For nearly a century, the School has cultivated a strong tradition of innovative pharmaceutical education, scientific research and service to pharmacy profession, especially in Wales.
Judged by nationally recognised standards, the School is one of the top UK schools of pharmacy. Our research output is considered to be predominantly of international standing. We were awarded an excellent for the quality of our teaching and learning in the last TQA and pharmacy teaching at Cardiff always features at or near the top of national league tables of excellence.
The school is housed in the Redwood Building, named after the Redwood family of Orchard House Boverton, near Llantwit Major. Theophilus Redwood, who was the first Professor of Pharmacy in Britain from 1842 until 1885, was one of the most prominent members of this family.
There are over 40 members of full-time staff and a very active undergraduate student organisation WPSA - the Welsh Pharmacy Students Association, as well as a Society for post-graduate students. A wide ranging programme of seminars is arranged for all research active staff and students. Outside visitors to these seminars are welcome.