Undergraduate vacancies for September 2013
Prospective students interested in studying music at degree level should note that we have a limited number of vacancies available for September 2013 entry.
Cardiff University's clearing website has all the up-to-date information on courses available through clearing.
Music at Cardiff
Here are just some of the reasons music students choose Cardiff:
- One of the largest and most diverse music programmes in the UK, with a modular scheme of study that ensures our students can develop new skills and engage new musical interests
- Full-time academic experts from all around the world, including Great Britain, the United States, South Africa, and Australia
- Consistent high ratings in the National Student Survey
- Cardiff is the ideal location for the study of music – it is one of only three cities in the UK with both a professional opera company and a professional orchestra
- One-to-one practical tuition provided by professional performers, including members of the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and the Orchestra of the Welsh National Opera
- All the amenities you’ll need to facilitate your music studies including an extensive onsite Music library, more than two dozen practice rooms, ensemble rooms, electro-acoustic studios, a new £250,000 computer resource centre and lecture theatre, and a 250-seat Concert Hall
- As well as the Cardiff University Choir and the Cardiff University Orchestra, there is also an enormous range of musical societies promoting orchestral, jazz, choral, brass and chamber music, as well as a contemporary music group.
|Third year BMus student Peter Wagstaff on his time at Cardiff:
“I’d heard of Cardiff’s reputation for music, and during my time here I’ve found it’s well justified. The modules are wide-ranging and allow you to exercise and develop whichever and as many skills as you like. Whether analysis or history, composition or performance, you’ll find friendly and expert staff who want to teach you.
"Facilities are brilliant, including a Mac suite for composition, a comprehensive library of books, scores and recordings, and plenty of practice rooms.
"There are more ensembles than you could ever have time for. There are choirs ranging in size from twenty singers to two hundred, and instrumental groups which cater for all instruments and standards.
"And of course the city has so much to offer, including WNO and BBC NOW.”