Welcome to the webpage for the
5th Bath/Brunel/Cardiff/Imperial/Oxford/Reading Numerical Analysis Postgraduate Seminar Day
which takes place at Cardiff School of Mathematics on Friday, 18th September 2009.
Starting time will be approximately 10.00am and we aim to finish by 17.30pm. There will then be time for discussions, drinks and a meal in a local restaurant. This is the 5th such meeting and the aim of these days is to give PhD students a chance to talk to peers in a relaxed environment. We also hope that many established academics will be able to attend.
- 10:30-11:00 Steven Lind, Cardiff; A boundary element method for cavitation dynamics in viscoelastic fluid.
- 11:00-11:30 Tamsin Lee, Reading; Modelling avascular tumour growth using a moving mesh approach.
- 11:30-12:00 Sean Buckeridge, Bath; Parallel Multigrid for Numerical Weather Prediction.
- 12:00-12:30 Stephen Haben, Reading; Conditioning of the Minimisation problem in Variational Data Assimilation.
- 12:30-13:00 Carola Kruse, Brunel; Regularity and Approximation for a Hyperbolic-Elliptic Coupled Problem.
- 14:30-15:00 Jasmina Lazic, Brunel; Improving numerical effectiveness of large-scale integer programs by search space decomposition.
- 15:30-16:00 Jari Fowkes, Oxford; Global Optimisation of Expensive Functions.
- 16:00-16:30 Almut Eisentraeger, Oxford; Modelling of cerebrospinal fluid.
- 16:30-17:00 Fynn Scheben, Bath; Generalized eigenvalue problems in neutron transport theory.
- 17:00-17:30 Luca Traverso, Cardiff; Determistic and Stochastic Approches to Groundwater Modelling.
All lectures in Room M/0.40.
Travel directions are available here. For online maps use the postcode CF24 4AG and note that some online maps mis-label Senghennydd Road as Woodville Road.