There are many reasons to choose to study in Cardiff, for example:
- The city itself – Cardiff is friendly, compact and affordable with typical annual hall fees for self-catered en-suite single rooms of £3740.
- Reputation – Cardiff is one of the top 20 UK research universities
- Careers prospects – 94% of students were employed or in further study within 6 months of leaving.
For more information about these and other reasons see:
Some of the reasons for choosing to study Mathematics at Cardiff include:
- Flexibility of degree scheme - students are free to transfer between degree schemes as they wish and as their preferences change.
- Choice of modules - At the start of each semester students have three weeks to decide which modules to take. During this time they can attend as many modules as they like and try them out giving a clear idea of which modules they prefer. Students can specialise in the areas of maths they particularly enjoy and can avoid the areas of maths they are less interested in.
- The placement year – this option is extremely popular and offers a tremendous opportunity to improve your employability prospects. For more information go to the following link [http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/maths/degreeprogrammes/undergraduate/proftrain/index.html]
- Maths Support - this drop in service open 5 days per week means all our students can find help whenever they need it. For more information go to the following link [http://www.cf.ac.uk/mathssupport]
- Specialisms – we cover all the main areas of Mathematics in our degrees but particular areas we specialise in include analysis, fluid dynamics and operational research .