Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu



We can give you a training award of up to £1,500 to help you get the skills you need to land a job. You can train while you are job hunting or you can go on courses to get the skills you need even if you plan to become self employed eventually.

Support under the ReAct II scheme is available for individuals who:

have become unemployed in the last six months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed, and who have not been in continuous employment for 6 weeks or more since being made redundant; or are currently under notice of redundancy; and

have not undertaken any publicly funded training since being made redundant, including the work-based learning suite of programmes.

More information is available


Welsh Government Skills Growth Wales

European Social Fund

The scheme aims to assist 200 companies create over 3,000 jobs over a three year period.To be eligible for support companies must demonstrate that they have a credible growth plan which will lead to the creation of employment opportunities within their company. The plan could include a new market, new products, new services, new contracts or planned investment.  Approved companies will be able to access funding up to an average of £2,500 per individual for training that will directly help bring about the growth.

More information is available here:


Workforce Development Programme (Discretionary Funding)

European Social Fund

This programme allows organisations with more than 10 employees to work with one of the Welsh Government’s Workforce Development Advisors (WDA) free of charge to assess their leadership and management skills needs. Funding is granted dependent on organisational size and the skills needed. Organisations with less than 10 employees are able to apply directly to the Welsh Government for funding towards accredited leadership and management skills development. Both attract a funding rate of 50%.

More information is available here:;jsessionid=CD94F9A29B76C60B9FF6159DD9D4401E?lang=en

Other Funding Opportunities

Trade Unions –  contact your Union Learning Rep for more details

Sector Skills Councils (SSC) – contact your relevant SSC for further information