Language and Cultural Awareness
Languages Facts and News
- New! Foreign language courses for business are available.
- A recent British Academy report, highlights that ‘language skills are needed at all levels in the workforce, and not simply by an internationally-mobile elite’
- Cardiff University’s Centre for Lifelong Learning is First accredited German language centre in Wales
- A new focus on China
- What are the top 10 languages to study?
- 75% of the world’s population do not speak English.
- Did you know that there are 23 officially recognised languages in the EU?
- SMEs across the EU have increased their sales turnover by 10 to 25% as a result of a language strategy.
Foreign Language Courses – New!
The ability to use a foreign language in a professional context is becoming increasingly important in today’s global world. In a recent Skills Survey by the CBI, businesses reported that they were concerned that weaknesses in foreign language proficiency were losing them business and they felt that foreign language skills could help them build relations with clients, customers and suppliers.
Whether you haven’t learnt a language before but want to be able to meet and greet international visitors, or you want to develop your existing skills to be able to use them in a professional context, one of our summer language courses should meet your needs.
- Meet and Greet – French
Making visitors feel welcome and dealing with calls from clients or partners are key tasks of many front-of-house or reception staff in a wide range of sectors. What better way to achieve them than by greeting the visitors or contacts in their own language? This half day course will give delegates the basic language skills needed to enable them to greet guests on arrival, to be able to deal with basic telephone conversation and to give them tips and directions (whether to their room or around a venue). It will also develop participants’ cultural awareness. Book now!
- Business Language Summer Schools - New!
- Business Language – French
This course will provide an overview of the business culture and background in French-speaking countries using up-to-date material that will enrich vocabulary and understanding. The course will also focus on developing communication and correspondence skills in a professional environment in a variety of contexts and registers.
- Business Language – German
This course will provide an overview of the business culture and background in German-speaking countries using up-to-date material that will enrich vocabulary and understanding. The course will also focus on developing communication and correspondence skills in a professional environment in a variety of contexts and registers.
- Business Language – French
- Chinese Commercial Culture
This course provides an essential overview of Chinese commercial culture and the skills needed to be best able to communicate effectively in the Chinese operating environment. Delegates will gain the necessary background to participate in constructive communications with Chinese business partners.
Not quite what you were looking for? We may be able to develop a bespoke course more suited to your needs.
Please contact us for further information.