Introduction to Visual Basic
Level 2 (CQFW Level 5), 20 Credits.
- No upcoming courses.
Register interest in this course...
Let us keep you up to date about when the course will run again.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of programming and introduces the students to the fundamentals of computer programming. This module will enable the student to create Visual Basic applications to solve a broad range of problems.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for the student who wants a good general introduction to computer programming.
Learning and Teaching
This module includes a mix of traditional lectures and laboratory sessions. Each meeting starts with a lecture and finishes with a laboratory session.
Coursework and Assessment
To award credits we need to have evidence of the knowledge and skills you have gained or improved. Some of this has to be in a form that can be shown to external examiners so that we can be absolutely sure that standards are met across all courses and subjects.
During the course, students will be given assignments to be submitted to the course tutor. At the end of the course, there will be a class test.
The most important element of assessment is that it should enhance your learning. Our methods are designed to increase your confidence and we try very hard to devise ways of assessing you that are enjoyable and suitable for adults with busy lives.
- Data types
- Arithmetic and conditional operators
- Use of conditional and iterative control statements
- Mathematical and string functions
- Use of sequential and random access files
- Error handling
- Use of forms, controls, events, timers and construction of drawings including graphs
- Use of modules to prevent duplication of code
- Form and module variables
- Multimedia control and the
- Creation of a database front end.