Senghennydd Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
21-23 Senghennydd Road
The Senghennydd Library is located on the ground floor of the Maths and Centre for Lifelong Learning Building on Senghennydd Road next to the Sherman Theatre.
Book a group study room online!
Book a group study room online by completing the online booking form (Cardiff University username and password required).
All room bookings are subject to our general Code of Conduct. Please note, other local policies may apply in some rooms.
- Located on both the ground and the first floor of the Senghennydd Building with a ramp provided at the entrance of the building
- Lift access to the first floor of the library is available via the fire doors on the first floor corridor
- The library information desk is at low-level and there is wheelchair access to all the book and journal shelves. Staff will retrieve books if required, please ask for assistance
- Disabled badge-holders may park on the double yellow lines on Senghennydd Road
- Accessible toilets are available on the ground floor
|Normal Semester Dates 2015/16 (including both May Bank Holidays)||Opening Hours|
|Monday to Friday||8.45 to 21.30|
|Saturday||10.00 to 17.30|
|Christmas Recess 2015/16||Opening Hours|
|Monday 14th to Friday 18th December||8.45 to 17.00|
|Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th December||Closed|
|Monday 21st to Wednesday 23rd December||8.45 to 17.00|
|Thursday 24th December to Sunday 3rd January||Closed|
|Monday 4th January onwards||Normal semester opening hours|
|Easter Recess 2016||Opening Hours|
|Monday 21st to Thursday 24th March||8.45 to 17.00|
|Friday 25th to Monday 28th March||Closed|
|Tuesday 29th March onwards||Normal semester opening hours|
|Summer Recess 2016 (Saturday 13th June to Sunday 18th September)||Opening Hours|
|Monday to Friday||8.45 to 17.00|
|Monday 31st August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
The library houses the main collections of books and journals in Mathematics, Lifelong Learning and Modern Languages. The Lifelong Learning and Modern Languages collections are located on the ground floor. The Mathematics collections are located on the first floor.
Within the library is the Languages for All Hub, an area dedicated to independent language learning. The hub has six PCs with headsets, a flat-screen TV and DVD player, tables and comfortable seating. It also houses a wide selection of DVDs and magazines in languages other than English.