|Please note: due to major changes to the Law Library over the summer, all services are subject to disruption from Monday 16 June - Monday 22 September. We will keep you informed via our Blog for specific periods of disruption. Please phone the library before visiting to check the current status.|
Law Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Arts & Social Studies Library
The Law Library is situated on the first floor of the Arts and Social Studies Library building at the junction of Corbett Road and Colum Road.
- Situated on the first floor of the Arts and Social Studies Library, accessible via a lift
- Disabled parking is available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library in the Aberconway car park which can be accessed from Colum Drive.
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor: please note, the accessible toilet will be unavailable during the building work (Summer 2014). The nearest accessible toilet is located in the John Percival Building (location number 16) towards the back of the Coffee Shop.
- Low-level library catalogue terminals are available
- Staff will fetch books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
|Summer recess 2014 (Saturday 14th June to Sunday 21st September)*||Opening hours|
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||09.00 to 17.00|
|Tuesday||09.00 to 21.30|
|Monday 25th August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
*Summer hours subject to alteration
The Law Library provides information services to the Cardiff Law School.
The collections include teaching materials for undergraduate and masters courses in law as well as a practitioner collection for vocational training courses. Research collections reflect the interests of the School: criminal law and justice, intellectual property, environmental law, marine and shipping law, family law and justice, medico-legal studies, canon law and civil legal process.
The Law Library also has collections of UK Official Publications and UN material relating to the Law of the Sea.
The majority of Cardiff University's UN materials are held at SCOLAR@Newport Road, part of Cardiff University's Special Collections and Archives (SCOLAR).
The Law Library also provides information services to the School of Optometry and Vision Sciences.
The collections include teaching materials for undergraduate courses in optometry and vision sciences. Research collections reflect the interests of the School: biomedical imaging, cell and molecular biology, clinical and investigative vision sciences and structural biophysics.