Arts and Social Studies Library
Arts and Social Studies Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Arts & Social Studies Library
The Arts and Social Studies Library is located on the Colum Drive site at the junction of Corbett Road, Park Place and Colum Road.
Entry to the building is via card-operated turnstiles: you must have your Cardiff University ID card with you to enter the building. Visitors can sign in after showing valid ID.
- An Accessible Entrance for assisted entry to the building is located on the west side of the building at lower ground floor level. Entry is staff-mediated, use the intercom by the Entrance.
- A lift provides access to all floors of the library
- Two Disabled parking spaces are available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library (by the railway line) which can be accessed from Colum Drive
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor
- Low-level catalogue terminals are available
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
|Normal semester dates 2013-14 (including both May Bank Holidays)||Opening hours|
|Monday to Thursday||08.30 to midnight (Study only 21.30 to midnight)|
|Friday||08.30 to 21.30|
|Saturday||10.00 to 17.30|
|Sunday||12.00 to 21.30|
|Easter recess 2014||Opening hours|
|Monday 14th April to Thursday 17th April||09.00 to 17.00|
|Friday 18th April to Monday 21st April||Closed|
|Summer recess 2014* (Saturday 14th June to Sunday 21st September)||Opening hours|
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||09.00 to 17.00|
|Tuesday||09.00 to 21.30|
|Monday 25th August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
*Summer hours subject to alteration
The building is on four floors and the entrance to the building is on the ground floor.
The ground floor has information resources for social and behavioural studies, including psychology, education, sociology, social work and politics.
Other facilities available include:
- Short Loan collection
- Information Desk: staffed from 11am - 6pm Monday to Friday (during Semester time)
- Reference Collection, including Statistics Collection
- myPrint Pay Station and change machine
The second (top) floor has information resources for the humanities, including philosophy, religion and theology, archaeology, history, anthropology, art, language and literature, and modern Welsh and Celtic studies.
Lower ground floor
The lower ground floor is home to: