Arts and Social Studies Library
- Contact details and location
- Staff contacts
- Opening hours
- Further information
Arts and Social Studies Library Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.comPhone: 029 2087 4818Extension: Cathays Campus: 74818 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 74818Fax: 029 2037 1921Address:
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Arts & Social Studies Library
The Arts and Social Studies Library is located on the Colum Drive site at the junction of Corbett Road, Park Place and Colum Road.
Entry to the building is via card-operated gates: you must have your Cardiff University ID card with you to enter the building. Visitors can sign in after showing valid ID.
Book a group study room online!
Book a group study room online by completing the online booking form (Cardiff University username and password required).
- bookings can only be made for a maximum of 2 hours
- consecutive bookings are not allowed
All room bookings are subject to our general Code of Conduct. Please note, other local policies may apply in some rooms.
- An Accessible Entrance for assisted entry to the building is located on the west side of the building at lower ground floor level. Entry is staff-mediated, use the intercom by the Entrance.
- A lift provides access to all floors of the library
- Two Disabled parking spaces are available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library (by the railway line) which can be accessed from Colum Drive
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor
- Low-level catalogue terminals are available
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
ContactsPosition:Site Librarian ASSL, Law and Music Libraries and Subject Librarian - History and ArchaeologyEmail: Montgomery@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 5686Extension: Cathays Campus: 75686 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 75686Position:Subject Librarian - English, Communication and Philosophy and Religious and Theological StudiesEmail: SwainE@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 0201Extension: Cathays Campus: 70201 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 70201Position:Subject Librarian - European Languages, Translation and Politics, PsychologyEmail: TramontiniL@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 5691Extension: Cathays Campus: 75691 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 75691Position:Subject Librarian - WelshEmail: PriceH@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 0294Extension: Cathays Campus: 70294 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 70294Position:Subject Librarian - Social Sciences / Planning and GeographyEmail: PuzeySL@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 0796Extension: Cathays Campus: 70796 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 70796Position:Library Operations ManagerEmail: HathawaySM@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 5683Extension: Cathays Campus: 75683 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 75683
Normal Semester Dates 2014/15 (including both May Bank Holidays) Opening hours Monday to Thursday 8.30 to midnight (staffed services to 21.30) Friday 8.30 to 21.30 Saturday 10.00 to 17.30 Sunday 12.00 to 21.30 Easter Recess 2015 Opening hours Monday 30th March to Thursday 2nd April 9.00 to 17.00 Friday 3rd to Monday 6th April Closed Summer Recess 2015* (Monday 15th June to Sunday 20th September) Opening hours Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9.00 to 17.00 Tuesday 9.00 to 21.30 Saturday 12.00 to 17.00 Sunday Closed Monday 31st August (Bank Holiday) Closed
(Special Collections and Archives [SCOLAR] in ASSL is only open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm each day; it is not open on the weekends or bank holidays).
*Summer hours subject to alteration depending on funding. There will be 24/7 opening around the Spring exam period, dates to be confirmed.
The building is on four floors and the entrance to the building is on the ground floor.
The ground floor has information resources for social and behavioural studies, including psychology, education, sociology, social work and politics.
Other facilities include:
- Self-service kiosks for issuing and renewing and a return sorter for self-return of books
- myPrint Pay Station
- Short Loan collection containing 1 day loans, Short Loan Reference books and theses
- Abstracts and Indexes collection and Statistics collection
The second (top) floor has information resources for the humanities, including philosophy, religion and theology, archaeology, history, anthropology, art, language and literature, and modern Welsh and Celtic studies.
Lower ground floor
The lower ground floor is home to: