Arts and Social Studies Library
|Please note: due to major changes to the Arts and Social Studies Library over the summer, all services are subject to disruption from Monday 16 June - Monday 22 September. We will keep you informed via our Blog for specific periods of disruption. Please phone the library before visiting to check the current status.|
Arts and Social Studies Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Arts & Social Studies Library
The Arts and Social Studies Library is located on the Colum Drive site at the junction of Corbett Road, Park Place and Colum Road.
Entry to the building is via card-operated turnstiles: you must have your Cardiff University ID card with you to enter the building. Visitors can sign in after showing valid ID.
- An Accessible Entrance for assisted entry to the building is located on the west side of the building at lower ground floor level. Entry is staff-mediated, use the intercom by the Entrance.
- A lift provides access to all floors of the library
- Two Disabled parking spaces are available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library (by the railway line) which can be accessed from Colum Drive
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor: please note, the accessible toilet will be unavailable during the building work (Summer 2014). The nearest accessible toilet is located in the John Percival Building (location number 16) towards the back of the Coffee Shop.
- Low-level catalogue terminals are available
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
|Summer recess 2014* (Saturday 14th June to Sunday 21st September)||Opening hours|
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||09.00 to 17.00|
|Tuesday||09.00 to 21.30|
|Monday 25th August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
*Summer hours subject to alteration
The building is on four floors and the entrance to the building is on the ground floor.
The ground floor has information resources for social and behavioural studies, including psychology, education, sociology, social work and politics.
Other facilities available include:
- Short Loan collection
- Information Desk: staffed from 11am - 6pm Monday to Friday (during Semester time)
- Reference Collection, including Statistics Collection
- myPrint Pay Station and change machine
The second (top) floor has information resources for the humanities, including philosophy, religion and theology, archaeology, history, anthropology, art, language and literature, and modern Welsh and Celtic studies.
Lower ground floor
The lower ground floor is home to: