Aberconway Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Aberconway Library is located on the ground floor of the Aberconway Building. The Aberconway Guest Study Centre is in the Guest Building next to the Aberconway Building. The European Documentation Centre (EDC) is located in the Aberconway Guest Study Centre.
Book a group study room online!
Book a group study room online by completing the online booking form (Cardiff University username and password required).
All room bookings are subject to our general Code of Conduct. Please note, other local policies may apply in some rooms.
Located in two adjacent buildings - Aberconway Library (Aberconway Building) and Aberconway Guest Study Centre (Guest Building)
- Situated on the ground floor, with a ramp at the entrance to the Library
- Two parking spaces for disabled users
- Accessible toilets on the ground floor of Aberconway Building
- Low level enquiry desk
- A service lift provides access to the 1st floor of the Library
- Low level library catalogue terminals
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
Aberconway Guest Study Centre
- All areas of the Aberconway Guest Study Centre are accessible for wheelchair users
- Low level enquiry desk
|Summer Recess 2015 (Monday 15th June to Sunday 20th September)||Opening hours|
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday||9.00 to 17.00|
|Wednesday||9.00 to 20.00|
|Saturday||10.00 to 17.30|
|Monday 31st August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
Aberconway Guest Study Centre / European Documentation Centre
Ms Karen Williams
Aberconway Library provides information services for Cardiff Business School. It has information resources in business, economics and transport.
The library contains:
- On the ground floor, all the loan collections of books including short loan books, the main collection and the photocopy collection. The collection of company reports is also on the ground floor.
- A self-service book issue and return system, with a 24-hour returns service.
- On the upper floor, the journals and newspaper backfiles, along with the reference collection which includes directories, market reports, statistical publications, abstracting and indexing publications, and PhD theses.
- A lift between the two floors for disabled library users.
- Informal browsing areas on the ground floor with newspapers and a digital plasma-screen TV showing news channels.
- Silent study and research facilities on the first floor, with extra study spaces available in Aberconway Guest Study Centre (formerly known as Aberconway Guest Library).