Assistance with using libraries and accessing materials
Staff in all of the University libraries are on hand to provide help and advice for all users on using the library's services.
For disabled users, this can include:
- Enabling extended loan periods (disabled students should firstly register with Student Support to benefit from this service)
- Assistance with finding and fetching books
- Arranging home delivery of library materials
- Catalogue searching
- Advising on using databases and information resources
- Providing material in alternative formats, including in Braille
If you have difficulty in visiting a University library, you can authorise a friend or relative to collect books on your behalf. Please contact your library for more details.
Staff in any library or in the Graphic Services section can assist with using the photocopying and printing facilities in the libraries and IT rooms.