Microsoft Excel: Building Effective Worksheets and Workbooks Workbooks
Following on from the core topics for new users covered in Microsoft Excel: Core Skills, this advanced course offers training for both new users wanting to develop their skills further as well as those already familiar with basic use Excel but who want to start make use of the built-in functionality offered by this application.
This course is suitable for anyone needing to perform efficient calculations in worksheets, analyse data held on multiple worksheets and present worksheet information in both tabular as well as chart form.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Build effective calculations: use of absolute and relative addressing, link calculations across worksheets within a workbook, audit formulas.
- Create and format charts to present display visually.
- Use advanced functions to make decisions using IF, lookup data held in workbooks, and perform conditional logic functions.
- Customise the formatting of cells, creating custom formats and cell styles to standardise formatting throughout a worksheet.
- Work with tables and named ranges: insert formatting tables, create and use named ranges rather than cell ranges.
- Work with data: filter and sort lists, create subtotals and grand totals, group ranges to compact long lists.
You must be familiar with the Microsoft Excel interface and have an understanding of how data is stored in a tabular worksheet format. To get the most out of this course you should also have practical experience of creating and formatting spreadsheets and so it is advisable to have either attended the Microsoft Excel: Core Skills course or already be using Microsoft Excel so that you the basic prerequisite knowledge from your current experience.
2 x half-day (3 hours) sessions - length of course 6 hours.
£95 for members of staff and students of Cardiff University.
£125 for non-profit making organisations, e.g. other universities, charities, and government bodies, including Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
£150 for commercial organisations (profit-making) wishing to book anyone onto this course.