Microsoft Word 2013: Letters, Essays and Reports
This introductory course provides easy to follow step by step lessons enabling you to quickly and efficiently learn how to use the core features of Microsoft Word.
Whilst this course uses Microsoft Word 2013 for the hands-on learning provided, the main aim is to assist anyone who might be new to using Microsoft Word to set out documents using the built-in tools of this word-processing application. Therefore, this course could be seen as a basic introduction to Microsoft Word or the content of the course could be used as a way of learning how this latest supported version of the application can be used most effectively thereby enabling you to make best use of the power of Microsoft Word 2013 to format your documents easily.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- create and save a document using Microsoft Word
- change the layout of document pages and use standard formatting tools to present the content of your documents correctly in terms of paragraph layout, line spacing and use of typing fonts
- use and edit simple tables of information and layout bulleted and numbered lists
- insert images, pictures and other objects into your documents
- print out your documents, or part of your documents as required, and where more appropriate export a document to a PDF format to send electronically using email or other communication applications
No experience of using any version of Microsoft Word is required to attend this course, however it would be beneficial to familiarise your self with the keyboard and the use of windows.
1 x half-day session - length of course 3 hours.
£45 for members of staff and students of Cardiff University.
£60 for non-profit making organisations, e.g. other universities, charities, and government bodies, including Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
£75 for commercial organisations (profit-making) wishing to book anyone onto this course.