What is Learning Central?
Learning Central is Cardiff University's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). This is a web-based application that supports online learning and teaching. It provides an integrated environment which enables:
- announcements to be posted for a group of students enrolled on a particular module;
- learning materials, such as handbooks, lecture handouts, slides, reading lists and web links to be published in a secure environment;
- asynchronous online communication between students and tutors using discussion boards;
- the creation of groups to support group tasks such as online discussion, group wikis and file exchange;
- collaborative learning and learner-learner interaction through the use of discussion boards, blogs and wikis;
- electronic submission of assignments;
- setting and taking of online assessments with automatic marking and feedback facilities;
- recording of student grades in a secure environment;
- tracking of student progress.
How do I log into Learning Central?
Access Learning Central by logging in using your standard Cardiff University username and password.
How to find out more...
- Refer to our Training Pages for details about Learning Central courses available.
- Log into Learning Central and click on the Help tab for online tutorials.
Need further help?
InsrvConnect, the INSRV Service Desk, is intended to be a source of help for anyone with a Learning Central-related query. Therefore, if you can't find an answer to your query in the online tutorials please contact insrvConnect. Where necessary, queries will be passed on to the Learning and Teaching team.