Customer Care Service Standards
Information Services is committed to providing a quality customer service to all staff, students and visitors of Cardiff University. To help us achieve our goal, we have agreed standards in key areas of our activities. These standards outline the level of service you can expect at all our main sites.
To continually review our service against these standards we need your feedback. Please let us know what you think by completing a Feedback form.
|Service Area||Standard||Performance 2010/11||Performance 2011/12||Performance 2012/13|
|Opening hours||We will be open 99% of our advertised opening hours during semesters||Not collected||Not collected||15 closures so far in 2012/13|
|Availability of IT systems||Core networked systems will be available 99% of the time during working hours, with the majority of our systems available 24 x 7||Not collected||99.51%||99.16%|
|Enquiry services||At least 70% of queries at our Service Desk will be resolved at the first point of contact||76%||75.21%||77.95%|
|Customer satisfaction||We will score at least 85% for overall customer satisfaction in our Information Services Survey/feedback surveys||85%||85%||91%|
|We will score at least 90% on Service Desk customer satisfaction surveys||90%||92%||93%|
|National Student Survey||We will score at least 90% in the National Student Survey for satisfaction with Learning Resources (Library, IT and Media)||87%||91%||Not yet available|
|Information literacy||We will provide at least 70% of students with information literacy training embedded within their curriculum||61%||66%||Not yet available|
|Resource availability||We will re-shelve returned books within 24 hours during core hours.||Not collected||Not collected||90%|
|At least 97% of our open access workstations will be in working order at all times.||Not collected||97.8%||99.2%|
|Books in high demand (eg: items on reading lists) will be made available within 10 days of receipt||Not collected||2 days||5 days|
|Complaints||We will reply to complaints received within 10 working days.||Not collected||Not collected||100%|
We are committed to the following principles in order to underpin these standards:
- We train all of our customer-facing staff to provide an excellent service.
- We provide appropriate levels of staffing for customer-facing services during core hours.
- We offer our customers training and support in the use of our services.
- We respond to enquiries promptly and provide good communication through the progress of your enquiry.
- We run regular customer satisfaction surveys, using a variety of mechanisms, to receive feedback.
- We act on the feedback received and provide a summary of our actions.
- We make regular quality assurance checks to ensure that objectives are being met and monitor our service provision in line with our service level objectives.
- Core working hours are 09:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and University closed days.
- Scheduled maintenance and service status will be advertised on the Information Services status page