Time Management for Academics
This workshop starts by exploring the bigger questions of context, purpose and meaning, and then gets into the nitty gritty of academic life: dealing with conflicting priorities, carving out time to make real progress on substantial tasks, realistic approaches to planning, dealing with interruptions... and staying sane and healthy throughout. Participative, anecdotal and engaging, it regularly receives excellent feedback, both in the short and the longer term.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe their overall purpose at work and the multiple roles necessary to accomplish that;
- Implement a strategy designed to keep them fit for work and resilient to pressures;
- Distinguish between urgency and importance and plan their time accordingly;
- Structure their working week to ensure that both long term and short term priorities, and routine 'maintenance' tasks are addressed;
- Identify, and generate solutions to, particular time management issues they face;
- Implement and review a robust action plan to improve their time management practice.
24 April 2015
11th Floor, 30-36 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 0DE
09:15 - 16:30
Target Audience: S