Leadership and Management
Managing Stress in Others
In order for a team or department to function effectively, staff need to feel they are supported and able to ask for help when they need it. Managers need to create a supportive environment and play a key role in identifying stress in their staff, early identification may prevent drops in productivity and more serious morale/health/sickness absence issues arising.
Managers also need to look after themselves so they are fit to provide support to their staff.
This course will explore what stress is, how to recognise and address the signs of stress in others, the legal aspects and look at particular stressors for managers, offering techniques for increasing personal resilience and your ability to manage stress in yourself and your staff.
This course should prove to be of particular interest to all managers committed to creating a positive working environment, and to those who:
• Recognise their staff may be stressed
• Are/or will be leading their staff through a challenging time or some change process
• Feel under pressure themselves
• Find themselves juggling conflicting demands
• Feel their work/life balance is not working
• Wish to help their staff - and themselves - to build their resilience to stressful situations
16 March 2016
09:30 - 16:00
11th floor, McKenzie House, 30-36 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 0DE