Finance for Non-Financial Managers
This course is for managers who need to understand the language and basic principles of finance in higher education institutions and who wish to feel more confident with budget preparation and financial planning.
The course will:
- explain the core principles, custom and practice, and the language and terminology of accounting and finance;
- provide connections between faculty/departmental budgets and corporate financial statements;
- be able to recognise and to address potential financial problems, particularly with regard to decision making;
- identify issues in cost management and consider approaches to managing them;
- dissect the rationale underpinning full economic costing;
- improve ability and confidence in preparing and controlling budgets and their use in financial planning and decision making;
- help develop the confidence of delegates in asking relevant questions on finance matters.
11 November 2014
17 March 2015
09:15 - 16:30
11th Floor, McKenzie House, 30 - 36 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 0DE