Research Related Development
Developing Systematic Literature Searches
The aim of this workshop is to introduce you to the techniques that will help you develop a more systematic search strategy for literature and systematic reviews. You will learn about:
- formulating a focused question;
- identifying important concepts within the question;
- identifying search terms to describe those concepts;
- sensitivity' and 'specificity';
- Preparation of the search strategy using Boolean operators, truncation, and other key features of strategy development;
- literature search methodology;
- approaches to verifying the performance of the strategy.
You will be encouraged to relate the techniques explored directly to your research topic and there will be opportunities to discuss specific issues encountered. Attendees are asked to provide some basic information in advance.
This workshop is presented by a health researcher and is probably most useful to those undertaking research in biomedical and health sciences or the social sciences.
30 April 2015
Training Room 1, Julian Hodge Centre, Colum Drive, Cardiff, CF10 3EU
09:00 - 13:00
Target Audience: S