Access to Core Portal
As a member of staff at Cardiff University, you can now view HR & Payroll data online and submit annual leave requests in Core|Portal.
Access for new staff will be automatically granted on commencement of employment with the University by using your standard network login credentials. Follow the link below for the login page: https://pobl.cardiff.ac.uk/
By logging into your Portal account you agree to the following terms, conditions and guidance:
- Never give your login details to another person
- Be careful about casual sightings of information on your computer screen
- Do not leave your computer unattended
- Be aware when using a PC in a public area
- Always log out of the system and close your browser
- Users are personally responsible for the security of any data downloaded or otherwise removed from the system as a result of their action or inaction
- Seek advice from INSRV, the Information Rights Managers or your Line Manager in any situation of doubt
- When accessing from outside the University network, you understand that the browser, computer and network security are my responsibility
Access for Line Managers
All University employees will have access to view their own information in Core Portal but Line Managers will have additional features enabled in their accounts. This enables them to view staff information for their team and to approve annual leave requests. If you have been set up as a line manager in Core back-office against a work group then you will also get access to the Manager Dashboard in CorePortal.
Should you require any further guidance please contact hrsystemcore@Cardiff.ac.uk.