Engagement and Impact
Organising a Conference
There are likely to be various opportunities for you to organise academic events during your research career. These may be subject specific seminars within your School, or regional conferences for subject organisations. Alternatively, you may want to get together with researchers from other Schools to organise a cross-disciplinary event under a particular theme. Whatever the type of event, getting involved will help you to develop useful transferable skills (project and time management, committee experience, etc.) that can be used in a wide variety of career paths.
This workshop will explain the practicalities of event organisation including:
- setting up a steering committee;
- applying for funding/budgeting;
- determining the academic content of an event;
- identifying suitable venues (internal or external);
- catering, publicity and tips for general administration.
4 November 2013
25 February 2014
Room 0.27B, Hadyn Ellis Building, Maindy Road
10:00 - 13:00
Target Audience: RS & PGR