Communication & Dissemination
Masterclass on: How to Get Your Article Published
Time: 13:30 - 15:30
Date: 06 May 2015
Venue: Room 0.13 Main Building, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3AT
A representative from a major publishing company and a journal editor will be among the speakers at our forthcoming Masterclass on 'How to Get Your Article Published’. Journals form a core part of the process of scholarly communication and are an integral part of scientific research itself. What makes the difference between whether a journal article is accepted or rejected? This lecture aims to help researchers understand the publisher and editor’s perspective and to give practical advice about improving your chances of success.
- Professor Justin Lewis, (Professor of Communication) – Importance of scholarly communication
- Michaela Kurschildgen, (Customer Consultant, Elsevier) – Scopus for Researchers
- John Newbury – (Publisher, Elsevier) – Publishing Ethics
- Kevin Murphy – Wellcome Trust Career Development Fellow at Cardiff University and Handling Editor for NeuroImage
- Vincenzo Crunelli – Professor in Neuroscience, Editor-in-Cheif
- Shamus O’Reilly – (Publisher, Elsevier) – Introductions/Ethos of the workshop
- Open Question & Answer
They will offer practical manuscript advice, explore the review process and will be available to answer your questions.
The session is aimed at early career research staff and postgraduate researchers, or anyone who wishes to learn more about how to improve their chances of getting published.
To register for this Masterclass please register your interest via your Core Portal account
PLEASE NOTE: Places on this workshop are open to staff members on a Research only contract, other staff groups are welcome to apply for a place and will be entered onto a reserve list, in the event of a place becoming vacant a week prior to the session commencing staff members will be offered a place.
Target Group: S & PGR