Managing Research Projects
Planning for and successfully completing your research programme is key factor in your career development as a researcher. Perhaps you have just gained your first grant award or maybe find yourself running the PIs research team and aspiring to win grants yourself. Taking appropriate steps to ensure the project runs effectively to achieve its objectives will impact on your future success and reputation.
During this workshop participants focus on three specific aspects of project management skills:
- Managing yourself – skills in personal effectiveness and organisation;
- Managing your project – an introduction to getting results on time and on budget;
- Managing other people – both above and below you in the management structure.
This workshop will explore aspects of
- Self management including how to prioritise choices and to organise our own time and resources to best achieve the project goals,
- Project management starting with preparing to write the application, managing the project and stages of project completion.
- Effective communication with colleagues, particularly when we may not have line management responsibility.
"Useful advice concerning time management, managing people, organising and planning."
20 October 2014
11 February 2015
19 June 2015
11th Floor, McKenzie House, 30-36 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 0DE
09:30 - 16:30
Target Audience: RS