Communication and Dissemination
Impact and Research Communication Skills
This workshop is designed to develop the necessary skills for effectively communicating the significance of their research, particularly outside the immediate environment of fellow-specialists in their own discipline or subject area. The relevance of this training will be far-reaching in a range of contexts (grant applications, seminar and conference presentations, publications, job applications, REF submissions, and all forms of contact with the media) central to any researcher's career. There are practical skills-based exercises and opportunities for discussion and feedback throughout.
The workshop will cover:
- making the case for why your research matters;
- defining your contribution to the field;
- finding the story in your research, and how to announce it;
- implications and applications of research;
- scholarly, pedagogical, non-academic impact;
- transferable communication skills for non-academic careers.
|9 November 2012||09:30 - 16:00||Room 3.19, Graduate Centre|
|19 March 2013||09:30 - 16:00||Room 3.19, Graduate Centre|
Target Audience: RS & PGR