Technical and Research Skills: Packages
An Introduction to the R Packages for Statistical Analysis
'R' is one of the best statistical packages available. It also happens to be Open Source software - free to download (via http://www.r-project.org/) and very well documented. 'R' comes with a base package of standard statistical tasks but other packages (including interactive ones) are easily downloaded from the thousands which are available.
Amongst its strengths are:
- numerous standard and state-of-the-art statistical procedures including those dealing with non-numerical data
- comprehensive documentation – from beginners’ to technical level and including examples which you can paste in, run and modify for your own purposes
- many built-in data sets for developing methods
- excellent graphics capacity http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
This beginners' session will cover:
- loading data sets into R;
- navigating some basic commands for summarizing and plotting data;
- running basic statistical procedures, tests, etc;
- downloading/accessing specialist R packages.
Dates to be confirmed - Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com
Target Audience: RS & PGR