Celebrating Excellence Awards
Has the person sitting next to you made an Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Engagement?
Has a colleague you work with in another School demonstrated Excellence in Teaching?
Has a member of staff you know in Professional Services shown an Outstanding Contribution to Leadership?
The Celebrating Excellence Awards offer you an opportunity to show your recognition of colleagues who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment and contribution to the University.
The Awards support and reinforce our strategy The Way Forward. They reward individual, team and collaborative achievements and recognise the contributions made by all of our staff working in every area of the University’s activities, including professional services, education, research and innovation and engagement.
The categories of award are designed to be open and inclusive, allowing for the recognition of a variety of achievements by our diverse staff.
You don't have to be a line manager to nominate someone for a Celebrating Excellence Award, you just need to nominate individuals you believe should be recognised for their achievement.
Celebrating Excellence Awards 2014
From May to July 2014, nominations were invited for the following categories of Award:
- Rising Star
- Sustained Excellence
- Lifetime Achievement
- Outstanding Contribution to the Community or Environment
- Exceptional Enhancement of the Student Experience
- Excellence in Teaching (including Training and Development)
- Excellence in Research (including Research Support)
- Outstanding Contribution to the University's International Activities
- Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Engagement
- Outstanding Support to the University
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership
- Outstanding Contribution to Equality and Diversity
- The Vice Chancellor's Awards for Outstanding Contribution to the University
Trust Fund Prizes:
- The Sir Herbert Duthie Prize for Staff Development
- The William O'Grady Prize for Staff Development
90 individual members of staff and groups of staff were nominated from across all Colleges and Professional Services.
The judging panel have met and agreed the shortlist of finalists. The winners will be announced at the Celebrating Excellence Awards 2014 Dinner and Presentation on 20th November.
Congratulations to all nominees!
Click here for the full list of 2014 nominees and finalists.
The 2013 Celebrating Excellence Awards
The University's second Celebrating Excellence Awards dinner and ceremony took place on 28th November 2013 in Aberdare Hall. Hosted by Professor Elizabeth Treasure, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, it was a happy celebration of the contributions and achievements of all the 102 nominated individual members of staff and groups of staff. In attendance were the 37 finalists and their guests.
For details of the 2013 the categories of award and their criteria, the nominees, finalists and winners please click here: 2013 Celebrating Excellence Awards
Previous years' Celebrating Excellence Awards
For information about previous years' Awards, including nominees, winners and photographs, please click here: Past Winners
If you have any questions or comments about the Awards, please contact us at CelebratingExcellenceAwards@cardiff.ac.uk or on x.79230