Dignity at Work and Study
The University aims to establish an inclusive culture free from discrimination and based upon the values of dignity, courtesy and respect. Every person has a right to be treated in accordance with these values.
Cardiff University has a Dignity at Work and Study Policy which aims to:
- promote a positive University environment in which people are treated fairly and with respect;
- encourage all university staff and students to play a role in creating and maintaining an environment in which harassment, bullying and victimisation are understood to be unacceptable forms of behaviour;
- provide a framework of support for University staff and students who feel that they have been the subject of harassment, bullying or victimisation;
- ensure that allegations of harassment, bullying or victimisation, (including those related to the protected characteristics of gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership or pregnancy and maternity) are addressed fairly, with respect for the rights and dignity of all those involved; and
- identify the appropriate formal processes by which complaints can be raised.
The full policy is available as a word document at the right-hand side of this page.
Where can you go for support - staff