Public Access To Information Policy
- The senior officer responsible for the University’s compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations is the Director of Student Services and Governance.
- The Director of Student Services and Governance shall nominate a Freedom of Information Officer to be responsible for advising on compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations, for day-to-day public access to information matters and for developing specific guidance notes on such issues for members of the University.
- The Head of School/Director shall nominate an individual staff member within each School or Directorate to act as a Freedom of Information Co-ordinator for that School/Directorate.
- The University shall take such steps as appropriate to ensure that the public are aware of their rights and the University’s rights and obligations under the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations, and to make all staff aware of the relevant legislation and its implications.
- Information shall be provided in accordance with the University’s Procedure for Release of Information. This shall ensure that requests for information that is routinely available are not treated in an overly bureaucratic manner. Where non-routinely released information is requested the procedure shall ensure that the University’s legal obligations are met and that the University’s interests and those of its members are safeguarded
- All complaints in connection with the Public Access to Information policy shall be made to the Director of Student Services and Governance in the first instance.
The Procedure for Release of Information is available for downloading from Resources above right.