Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu

Open Day – book now for Friday 11 September! Sign up to receive our e-newsletter

Your questions answered

Applying and enrolment

How do I apply for a place to study at Cardiff University?

If you are applying for a full-time undergraduate course, your application will need to be submitted online via UCAS.

I have submitted an application for a place to study at Cardiff. When can I expect to hear back?

If you have applied through UCAS, your application will be tracked on your UCAS Track page where you can log in to check progress. If you have applied directly to the University, we will contact you by e-mail as soon as we have processed your application. If you have already submitted your online application but have additional information that you wish to send us to support your application, you can do this by uploading supporting documents directly to your personal account through the online admissions service or by contacting Registry.

I have already applied to study at Cardiff but wish to change to a different degree programme. What do I do?

Contact the University directly at or +44 (0)29 2087 9999. Staff in the Admissions team will refer your request to the Admissions Tutor for your programme of study for a decision about whether the University is willing to allow a substitution of programme choice. Courses with earlier deadlines, particularly Medicine and Dentistry, may only consider the request if it is submitted prior to the application deadline.

I have applied directly to the University rather than through UCAS. How do I track my application?

All of our full-time undergraduate programmes of study recruit via UCAS (with the exception of direct entry to year 4 of the Architecture programme and the parallel direct entry routes into Nursing). If you have applied directly, you can track your application via Cardiff University's online applicant service, otherwise you should log onto your UCAS account to check the progress of your application.

I have already accepted an offer. Where do I find information about enrolment?

Information is sent out by the Student Records team a few weeks before enrolment. For undergraduate applicants, this is usually during the week following publication of the A-level results. Information for new students is available at:

I have accepted an offer, but now wish to defer entry for a year. What do I do?

Contact the University directly at or +44 (0)29 2087 9999. Staff in the Admissions team will refer your request to the Admissions Tutor for the relevant programme of study for a decision.

How do I notify you of a change of address?

UCAS notifies the University of any changes to your personal details as and when they happen. You can make any changes of this nature through your UCAS Track account. This will ensure that all of the Universities you have applied to will be updated directly by UCAS.


Meet our students

Want to know what Cardiff is really like? Find out from the people who know best...our students.

Meet our students


2014 prospectus

Download or request a paper copy.

View prospectus