Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Can I show a reduced amount of money if I was studying recently in the UK?

Yes, but only in very limited circumstances. You only have to prove you have 1 year’s tuition fees and £1,640 (i.e. living costs for 2 months) if:

  • You have a current Tier 4 student visa that has not yet expired and
  • Your new course at Cardiff University starts within 1 month of the expiry date of your current visa and
  • The course you have just finished was 6 months or longer.

Please note that if your visa has expired on the date of your new visa application you will not benefit from this reduction.

Also see:

- How much money do I need to show for my student visa?

« Return to visas & immigration homepage