Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Coming to Cardiff

Do I need to declare money I carry with me into the UK?

If you are arriving in the UK from a country outside the European Union (EU), you must declare any cash that equals the value of 10,000 Euros or more to customs officers.

Cash not only means currency notes and coins but also banker’s drafts and cheques of any kind, including travellers’ cheques. You will find the relevant forms to fill out at ports and airports.

For more information, please go to the HM Revenue and Customs website:

« Return to travelling to the UK homepage