A leading research community
A leading research community - with internationally renowned researchers and a culture of teaching and personal development enriched by research.
At Cardiff you can expect the University and the Students' Union to:
- provide a study environment that is enriched by world-leading research and scholarship through curriculum design, contact with researchers and research facilities;
- expose you to the benefits and challenges of education informed by research, in ways appropriate to your discipline;
- increase your opportunities to participate more deeply in research as your studies progress;
- recognise and respond to the particular needs of the students of a research-led institution.
As a postgraduate research student at Cardiff you can expect the University to:
- establish supportive supervision arrangements for you and ensure that you receive timely feedback on your submitted work;
- provide an integrated and consolidated programme of formal training;
- provide a range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary research seminars;
- provide opportunities for you to disseminate your research.
As a postgraduate research student at Cardiff the University expects you to:
- take responsibility, in regular consultation with your supervisor(s), for the successful and timely completion of your research;
- participate fully in the various research training and learning opportunities open to you;
- take full advantage of the opportunities provided to disseminate your research.
Meeting your expectations
The following links will help you find services and information that relate to our leading research community: