An open, honest and fair community
An open, honest and fair community - where information flow is two-way, accurate, clear and timely, and concerns are dealt with sensitively and professionally.
At Cardiff you can expect the University and the Students' Union to:
- attract, recruit and retain the most talented students from diverse backgrounds through a transparent and fair admissions and selection process;
- provide a common level of accessible information;
- respond in a timely manner to correspondence from you;
- maintain contact with you if you are studying away from Cardiff;
- be clear and transparent about costs associated with studying at Cardiff and provide timely communication about tuition fees, residency fees and other required costs;
- operate and consistently apply robust procedures for academic appeals, complaints and disciplinary hearings;
- work in partnership to ensure appropriate communication of procedures and advice to students.
The University and the Students' Union expect you to:
- check your official University student email regularly to ensure you are kept informed;
- provide accurate and correct information as requested;
- inform the University promptly of any changes to your circumstances;
- raise issues at an early stage and seek advice if these are not resolved;
- seek advice immediately if your academic progress, or any other aspect of your Cardiff experience, gives you cause for concern;
- pay your fees and other required costs by the deadlines set.
Meeting your expectations
The following links will help you find services and information that relate to our open, honest and fair community: