An engaged community
An engaged community - where you are invited to participate in student representation, societies, debates, sport and to support the local community.
At Cardiff you can expect the University and the Students' Union to:
- provide opportunities for you to express your opinions, listen to your feedback and use this information to inform our future planning;
- provide opportunities for you to be a partner in the decision-making of the University regarding the planning, implementation and evaluation of your Cardiff experience;
- provide opportunities for you to engage in a range of student-led activities, such as sport, societies, cultural and social events, volunteering, and projects as part of your wider student experience;
- work in partnership with the local community, including the City Council and residents;
- provide social and informal learning spaces;
- create a lifelong relationship with you.
The University and the Students' Union expect you to:
- take up the opportunities provided to express your opinions;
- recognise the importance of your contributions and how this builds a legacy for the benefit of future students;
- seek out the opportunities available to become more actively involved in the University and the Students' Union;
- respect the local community, the environment and the physical space it provides.
Meeting your expectations
The following links will help you find services and information that relate to our engaged community: