We try to pay all eligible students their bursaries so if you have not received a bursary and you think you are entitled to one e-mail us at BursariesandScholarships@Cardiff.ac.uk or ring us on 029 208 79320/9128.
You should initially receive a confirmation letter during the first term. This letter will confirm the amount of your bursary and the payments. In 2013-14 the payments will be as follows;
30% or your bursary 31st January 2014
70% of your bursary 21st March 2014.
Payments are made via the Student Loans company so please ensure you have not changed your bank account details. If you need to update your bank account details be sure to notify the SLC at least 14 days before the payment date.
Please be careful with your bank details, the SLC provide advice on online safety.
Not Received a bursary Payment?
If you do not receive a payment on the dates in your award letter, check
- that you have looked in the correct account. (remember it should be the same account as your student loan is paid into)
- that your new bank details have been registered by the SLC if you have changed your bank account recently?
If you have withdrawn or taken an interruption of study your award will have been cancelled.
If you have changed your course or funding application this may delay your bursary.
Not received confirmation of a Bursary?
Confirmation letters are sent to your home address during the first term. You can also see a copy of the letter under correspondence on your SLC account.
If you have not received confirmation of a bursary but think you are eligible first check our eligibility pages. The most common reasons are that;
- your assessment of household income has not yet been completed. We do not pay bursaries until your assessment is complete. If your parents are self employed they may not submit their accounts to confirm their income to later in the year. Confirmation must be before the 31st of July 2014 for a bursary to be paid in 2013-14.
- You have changed course and your funding details have been amended. This can delay payment until the SLC finalise your new records and the university reconfirms your attendance.
- Your household income has changed and is now above the threshold.
- You or your parents have not given permission to share information on your household income with the university. If this is the case ring the SLC on 0845 029 2019 or your award authority to update this. If it is your parents who need to give consent to share, both parents will need to give consent separately.
If confirmation of your details are delayed we will process the payment as soon as we receive confirmation. This will take a minimum of 2-3 weeks.
Remember e-mail BursariesandScholarships@Cardiff.ac.uk or phone 029 2087 9128/9320 with any outstanding queries.